From: jeffrey liegner <liegner@ptd.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Chelton NavData updates and SmartMedia Card Repair
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 15:38:49 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Asking if anyone has a solution to the problem of SmartMedia cards and the Chelton system.

It’s been a bit since this discussion.  I am down to my last two SmartMedia cards that work.  Buying used ones has been a failure, as all of them have been troubled: they work in the computer, but not the Chelton.

I have gotten the SmartMedia xD adapters and 32MD xD cards, but even those don’t work (brand new ones) in the Chelton (but they do work in the computer).  I have reformated with FAT and FAT16 and FAT32, yet none of this has improved my situation.  I’m sure I am not alone.

Is there a solve out there?  I am familiar with Tim Olson’s suggestions on CheltonEFISpilots.com (Dec 2008), which echo your guidance (below).

http://www.cheltonefispilots.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=247&p=1615&hilit=smartcard#p1615

Are we truely orphaned now without any options coming from the Chelton inheritors?

Jeff L
N334P