From: Doug Baleshta <DBaleshta@tru.ca>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Re: Chrome or powder coat or anodize?
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 15:37:20 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
I used to run a powder coating operation.  The baking ovens ran at around 400 F to cure the powder which could be polyester, epoxy (corrosion), polyurethane, or hybrid (polyester-epoxy).  The epoxy, hybrid and polyester (to a lesser degree) paints chalked in the sun.  A powder coat finish is very impressive if applied correctly, no sags, runs, orange peel, high gloss etc.
I think you might have a heat issue with powder coatings if your temps are up there but I'm not familiar with high temp powder coatings so perhaps some others can chime in?
Doug.