From: Dan Ballin <dballin@gmail.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: UV & IR Filtering Film on Acrylic Windows
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 07:23:54 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
I am not so sure about plastics filtering out UV, since at I have gotten pretty well sun burned sitting in a Legacy.

Dan Ballin
N386DM

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 5:00 PM, Kevin Stallard <kevin@arilabs.net> wrote:
I don't know if this helps, but I ordered and received glasses that get darker when going out into the sun.  I figured they would be great to fly with, however, when I did fly with them, they would not get dark.  The same thing happened when I was driving around in my car.  Since the coating is activated vis UV radiation, I have to conclude that UV has a hard time traversing through transparent materials such as is used in our canopies.

I think just the canopy itself is filtering a lot of UV already.

As for IR, are you trying to just keep it cooler inside?

Kevin