From: Denis Conkey <dconkey@conksite.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Outflow Valve
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 07:40:38 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

Colyn,

See answers below:

how did you get the 5.0 in testing?  (We removed the outflow valve and placed a plate over the hole with a seal and capped of the #4 vent line.  Used a large high power compressor of 80 gallons and I don’t remember the CFM, but it was no problem to get to 5.0)

did you cover the outflow valve?  (No, we removed it and put a plate and seal in its place as described above)

seal the door?  (Yes, door was shut with seal inflated)

seal some other stuff on the firewall? (When we did many repairs to the gear area, we caused some areas on the sides next to the top of the gear box to open up)  We filled with silicone while pressurized to suck in the RTV sealant)

Regards,

Denis

N750PJ, IVPT

Denis Conkey