From: Chris Zavatson <chris_zavatson@yahoo.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Exhaust failure...
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 12:54:54 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Tom,
Good Point.  I forgot to mention pipe expansion.  I figured on seeing about 1/8" of growth in length based on pipe length, CTE and a temperature delta I assumed way back when.  My hanger forms a triangle in a single plane.  Two corners are attached to the engine case and the third at the pipes.  This geometry is very rigid in the vertical and lateral axes to restrain movement caused by engine operation, but allows for growth in pipe length.  The two legs are thin walled 4130 tubing with forks pressed into each end.  Bent tabs form the connection at each end.

Chris Zavatson
N91CZ
360std

Sent from my spiffy iPhone