From: Greenbacks, UnLtd. <N4ZQ@VERIZON.NET>
Subject: Exhaust failure...
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 08:43:11 -0400
So much for our Bahamas adventure...
Yesterdays's flight from KBVY to KOMN was uneventful until at 6k ft over STARY
Intersection, #4 exhaust fractured completely, lots unusual noise, vibration and general banging around in the engine compartment.
Brunswick Golden Isles BQK was the nearest. So 4ZQ is broken for the moment but safely in a hangar there and I'm driving to West Palm this morning with the broken exhaust bits.
What I need at this point is a welder in the West Palm area who can work his/her magic and try to make these whole again.
If anyone here can offer a suggestion, please give me a call 978-994-4564.
Ideally, I want to replace this exhaust but a weld fix should get me home in the meantime.
The Lancair part # is EX-3/4-1 and according to Bill 5ZQ who made the call for me, they don't have this and don't expect to.

Angier Ames
N4ZQ
Image
image.jpeg