From: Dennis Ramsey <doramsey@gmail.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: IV-P Landing/Taxi Light Location
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 10:57:10 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
I have AeroLED Microsun landing light mounted to my nose gear.  Very small footprint with 1800+ lumens on 30W of power.  The one in the current catalog looks slightly longer than mine.  Also they dont advertise it but you can order them without the heat sink if the application in the wind.  I dont have any clearance issues with the units with no heat sink.

And FWIW, I also put one in the right cowl inlet.   Testing showed that it obstructed flow enough to lower my manifold pressure 0.2-0.3 inches (I am a normally aspirated IV) and I could see it in engine temps as well, but I dont have an issue with high engine temps- normal cruise around 300 degrees.