From: <MikeEasley@aol.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Portable In-Flight Weather on iPad
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 12:30:01 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
I looked into the Stratus and found a map showing ADSB coverage, too many holes for me.  Someday that map will fill in I guess.

Mike Easley
Colorado Springs

In a message dated 5/8/2012 5:51:37 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time, colyncase@earthlink.net writes:
I don't, except that Foreflight is advertising it now too I think.
My question would be, is the government transmitter going to reach my airplane when I need it most?

Colyn - TAS refugee who switched to active collision avoidance

On May 7, 2012, at 12:45 PM, John Hafen wrote:

Gents:

Does anyone have any advanced knowledge (beyond what is being advertised from Sporty’s Pilot Shop) about the STRATUS?  It is supposed to be, in addition to a WAAS GPS, an ADS-B receiver that will pick weather and weather maps off of ADS-B and display that information on an iPad using Foreflight.

ADS-B is subscription free, so other than the initial $799 for the unit, there is no other monthly fee.

It sounds pretty useful and I’m pretty much ready to pull the trigger and buy it.

Do any of you guys have any additional information on this set-up?

John Hafen
IVP N413AJ 400 hours

=