From: Paul Miller <paul@tbm700.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Legacy Cabin Heating?
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 13:21:57 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
My Legacy is built to factory plans by a previous owner.  Last January, from Kalispell to Florida at 15,000 and -30C OAT it was challenging to stay warm.   I was fortunate to have gloves and headware and bright sunshine but I could see my breath in the cockpit most of the trip.  My feet were OK though so it suggests perhaps low volume of flow was the issue.  I know the fresh air vents are hurricane-like in volume but those were closed of course.  My feeling is that airflow volume is more important than outlet temperature when dealing with cabin heat so if you can increase the airlflow without a lot of hassles then that could be the answer if you are flying ia a lot of really cold weather or for extended legs.  Let us know what you do or change.

Paul Miller
Legacy RG

I’ve heard some people say they don’t get enough heat from their Legacy’s cabin heat engine muff system.