From: <marv@lancair.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Corona Fly-in photos
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 21:48:59 -0400
Sorry about the huge photo files... I forgot that I'd modiified my settings in IrfanView and didn't check the file sizes prior to sending.  As a general reminder, here's a copy of an email I usually send to folks who submit full-sized photos whose file sizes exceed 100kb/photo.

"""
As discussed countless times on the LML, photos intended for posting with LML
messages should be no larger than 800x600 pixels and their individuall file
sizes may not exceed 100k... 60 to 80kb file sizess are preferred and easily
achieved by making them into JPG images set to a quality level of 60-65. If
you haven't done so already, please go to www.irfanview.com and get the
IrfanView program, then use it to resize your images before sending them to
the LML. The program is exceedingly simple to use and makes photo resizing
and renaming tasks completely painless by allowing you to modify photos
individually or en masse through its powerful, yet easily understood, batch
processing module which can be found in its "File" menu . Once you have
resized your photos you are welcome to resubmit them to the LML for posting to
the membership. Your cooperation in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your participation.
"""

There you have it.  Please try to keep this in mind when attaching photos to your LML postings.  I'll try to do the same.

BTW, on a happier note, Sun'n'Fun is coming up next week and I'm hoping to see as many of you there as I can.  I'll be working at the Diemech Turbine Solution booth on Thursday and Friday and plan on attending the crawfish boil Friday night as well.  See you then.

   <Marv>