From: Guy and Jill Foreman <guyjill01@hotmail.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Cleaning Tanks and In-Fuel Filters
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 16:48:35 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Bryan,

When I had my 320, I flushed out each tank a few times with 100LL, and felt this was good enough, but later I found out how wrong I was!

I was ready for my first engine run, had the wings on, fueled, and my tech counselor standing by to help. I Had a header tank installed, so I pumped fuel in to fill up the header tank, and was ready for the first start. After a few blades, the engine came to life!
After a few minutes, the engine started running rough, so I shut down to see what might be the problem. We discovered that 2 injectors were plugged with debris. I cleaned the injectors, and the engine ran perfect, but only for a few min. Again, another injector was plugged with Debris!

My Tech counselor said that if I didn't put a filter between my header tank, and fuel gasgolator, he would not sign of the plane. He was convinced that the engine would quit due to trash in the tanks on the first flight.

I bought the in line filter from Lancair, and installed. I ran the engine on the ground a few more times before my first flight.

The first flight went perfect, in fact, I flew 2 more times that same day!!
Before my next flight, I decided to remove the inline filter to check and see if there was anything in the filter. I couldn't believe how much trash the filter collected!!! I sure was glad I had installed the filter.

I did notice that after about 20-30 hours, I really didn't get much of anything else, but still made me feel good knowing it was installed.

Guy

Windows Live™ Contacts: Organize your contact list. Check it out.