From: Chris Zavatson <chris_zavatson@yahoo.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: TruTrak autopliot and RF
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 22:36:35 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

<<Are people using a common ground wire for the radio PTT and any Auto Pilot
switches ?  ... If so did you try to run separate grounds ? >>

I have used separate ground lines for each system.
I did some testing this weekend.
I checked the impedance between ground bus, avionics racks, instrument panel and the autopilot case. -all check out good as a dead short.

It is the #2 antenna (bent wip mounted to an aluminum platform in the tail cone) has a big impact on the auto pilot.  The #1 antenna (Bob Archer in the vertical stab) has a small, barely perceptible impact if tested on the ground.  Physically moving the #2 antenna from the tail cone to outside near the passenger side wing tip eliminates its interference with the autopilot completely.  With the #2 antenna removed, the #1 antenna now becomes the source of strong interference with the autopilot.

still scratching my head....

Chris Zavatson
N91CZ
L360std