From: <gerardoconnell@optusnet.com.au>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: oil cooling
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 13:41:41 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Randy-I believe my aircraft had oil temp problems before I purchased it and a second (smaller) cooler was fitted-even on very hot days my oil temps never exceed 190. I do have some CHT issues on hot days but generally keep them under control with full rich mixture for climb and initial cruise. I would also benefit from larger air intakes (mine are quite small).

I put a single NACA duct on the left top cowl and this improved cooling air to No 2 cylinder. Similar in appearance to Bob's but further forward.

Regards

Gerard