From: Greenbacks, UnLtd. <N4ZQ@comcast.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Audio Panel Conundrum
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 13:41:41 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
My Apple I Touch has stereo output but my PS Engineering audio panel (PMA4000) is monaural only. Their instructions for connecting an entertainment device are as follows...

PS Engineering
PMA4000 Series Audio Selector Panel and Intercom System
Installation Manual
200-041-0002 Page 2-3 Rev 5, March 2007
2.4.2 Entertainment Input
A single entertainment device (CD player, cassette player, etc.) can be connected to the
unit. Install a 1/8-inch stereo jack in a convenient location so that the pilot can plug in the
entertainment device into the system.
For a stereo input, we recommend tying the left and right channels (tip and ring) together,
so both stereo channels are provided to the monaural audio panel, and the audio amplitude
available to the audio panel is increased. Audio signal at the entertainment input
must be a minimum of 1V P-P for optimum music performance.

As per their instructions, I purchased a stereo jack this weekend and tied the left and right channels together.
The problem is that I only have audio on the left side of the headset(both pilot and copilot).
I am assured that the audio panel wire harnesses are correct since my wife took great pleasure in double checking all connections.

What might I be missing here?

Angier Ames
N4ZQ