From: John Hafen <j.hafen@comcast.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Deice for the IV -- experience with RDD
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 19:28:14 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Re: [LML] Re: Deice for the IV -- experience with RDD Its been a harsh winter here in Seattle so I’m behind on flying.  That said, I probably have about 30 hours or so on the plane since the installation of the Thermawing system.  I did the wings and horizontal, as well as a heated prop.  You lose some efficiency just doing the prop.  (and it unbalanced my finely balanced prop — so I have to re-balance the prop — I’m OK with that given how grateful I’ve been in times past for a heated prop!)

I don’t know exactly, but I suspect that with the wings AND the prop I may have lost 5 to 7 kts off the top end.

I have religiously torqued the belt and have had no problems.  As we dig out from the snow that “never happens in Seattle,” I hope to be putting a lot more hours on the plane.  I don’t anticipate any problems but will keep you posted.