From: Dominic V. Crain <domcrain@tpg.com.au>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Re: Ryan 9900B
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 08:00:43 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

Hiya Grayhawk,

Noting your poor man’s TCAS (Monroy ATD-300?) scrams “TRAFFIC NEARBY” only once or twice on LONG VFR trips gave me a head up.

Mine - the little darling – gives it every few minutes. I snaps to the panel which reads “0  - 0”! No doubt reading my TXPDR.

When this happens over the GAFA (the Great Australian Flamin’ All), sort of a bit east of Fred Moreno, it wears a bit thin.

Short muting the thing, or turning the TXPDR to STBY, which defeats the purpose, I wondered what magic you have to suggest.

Cheer mate.

Dom

VH-CZJ