From: Doug Baleshta <dbaleshta@tru.ca>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: forward hinge canopy bid thickness LN360
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 17:36:14 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Thanks Scott.

Doug

>>> <Sky2high@aol.com> 02/21/09 5:50 AM >>>
Doug,

Not exactly a problem of thickness, but one of stiffness.  The  original
specification was not adequate and I added a bar of 1/4" foam and many  additional
layers of unidirectional carbon to provide stiffness across the  center of
the canopy between the hinge attachments.  I had problems with  the gas springs
squeezing the canopy edges inboard and causing the center to  bend (and lift)
slightly.  Bi-directional with only add weight as it is the  unidirectional
running from side to side that will add to the needed  stiffness.

Scott Krueger  AKA Grayhawk
Lancair N92EX IO320 SB 89/96
Aurora, IL  (KARR)

In a message dated 2/20/2009 12:51:20 P.M. Central Standard  Time,