From: don wwww <skagitvalley@earthlink.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Re: 360 in a small-tail LNC2?
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:22:45 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
I own  the 235/320 that Don Goetz built & flew for years. The battery is
mounted behind the baggage compartment on a shelf made like a box with open
side forward..It slides in then is held there with a  bracket with a hinge
on the bottom..Slide batt. in pivot bracket up & 2 screws on top. Kind of a
pain in the neck getting the batt. bolts & screws on top but not that bad
cause it only happens once in a while.

agree.? Might have to move your center of gravity back. (I need to)? Only
thing I can say is that slow flight with full flaps isn't the most
comfortable, but now that I am aware of how it?handles, doesn't bother me a
bit.? My CG is way to far forward I think, so that probably makes the slow
flight a little different.

On a side note..?? I turned around and looked at the tail the other?day
while indicating 200KTS.? I could see the elevator counter weight, or
almost all of it.? I didn't expect to see that at 200.? Maybe 100..? haha?
This leads me to believe that I have a forward center of gravity.? The big
engine would explain that.? Once I get?the plane?on some scales, the only
thing I can think of is to move?the battery.? My battery is behind the
passenger seat.

Has anyone mounted a battery behind the baggage compartment?? Advice?

Thanks
Tom
www.N54SG.com

http://mail.lancaironline.net:81/lists/lml/List.html