From: David Standish <carbonflier@bresnan.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Canopy light
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 00:00:56 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
I wrote this earlier, this would result in the red light being on if the door is open or unlatched and off if it is closed and latched:

(On the door of my IV a contactor closes when the door is in the closed position a micro switch detects the door latch position so that the circuit is complete when the door is properly closed and latched. This circuit powers a micro relay that opens when the door circuit is complete and closes when the door is open or unlatched. The relay in turn powers a red annunciator light near the middle of my scan on the panel near the gear lights. This would probably work great on the Legacy canopy.)

David

Steve Richard wrote:
Bill,

Do you have any pictures of the install?

Steve

billhogarty wrote:
During construction, I added a micro-switch on the second door handle on my L-IVP.  Simple system;  when the handle is in the fully locked position, it turns out a bright red light next to the airspeed indicator.  No problem!

Regards, Bill Hogarty

-- For archives and unsub http://mail.lancaironline.net:81/lists/lml/List.html

-- For archives and unsub http://mail.lancaironline.net:81/lists/lml/List.html