From: <marv@lancair.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Lancair Legacy Safety Record
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 18:44:34 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Posted for "farnsworth" <farnsworth@charter.net>:

 "I know from Helmut Burner (Austrian Legacy builder) that a Legacy with an
 aft hinged canopy (Aerochia mod) forgot to latch the canopy on takeoff and
 the wind took it off and into the tail and broke the tail off.  The pilot
 did not survive."

 I just got off the phone with Andy Chiavetta and he assured me that he has
 not done any canopy work for anyone with a Legacy in Austria. Nor did he
 sell anyone there the necessary parts to modify a Legacy canopy for aft
 opening.

 The plane may have had an aft opening canopy, but it was NOT an Aerochia
 mod.

 Lynn Farnsworth
 Super Legacy #235
 TSIO-550 Powered