From: Kevin Stallard <Kevin@arilabs.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Accident Narrative
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 13:32:24 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

It doesn’t make sense to me that an open canopy would cause a loss of lift on the tail of the Legacy.  I wonder if we have someone who is talented enough to do an analysis.  I wonder if this is significant enough for us to put some money in this.   It may lead to a solution or even a better understanding of what happens in this situation, which could lead to better control in the face of this event.

I wonder if the way the Legacy canopy is hinged (it is different than the 360’s) allows it to raise easier.

I’m still not convinced that this isn’t controllable.  I understand that David’s experiences dictate otherwise, but I also know that pilot induced oscillations are not uncommon.  I’m not trying to diminish David’s expericne, I only want to fully understand what happened.

Kevin