From: John Schroeder <jschroeder@perigee.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: cylinder wear-to lean or not too lean
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 13:32:24 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
John -

I probably missed a message or two in this thread. But where did this quote come from? Max CHT is really not defineable in any useful or practical sense at all. My CHT's are alarmed at 400 and from everything I have read your do irreparable damage to the cylinder at around 425 degrees in an air-cooled aircraft engine. "Max CHT" may equate to "Max Power" in some theroetical sense, but the concept is useless as an engine management tool.

Regards,

John Schroeder
LNCE