From: <Sky2high@aol.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Legacy damaged
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 00:49:36 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Bill,

Even more interesting as it was apparently a non-event.

Scott Krueger

In a message dated 2/8/2009 1:26:15 P.M. Central Standard Time, bill_kennedy_3@hotmail.com writes:
I'm aware of two non-incidents of canopy open in-flight in a Lancair 320. First was an unintentional takeoff with canopy unlatched. When I noticed it shortly after becoming airborne, I continued the takeoff, entered closed traffic, landed, latched the canopy and took off again. No big deal (except my checklist following failure). The second non-incident was a physical failure of my latch system while airborne. I landed and fixed it.

There were absolutely no problems flying with the canopy open about two inches. None whatsoever!
=