From: <pbricker@att.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Legacy Gear Strut Leak?
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 19:35:24 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Erik,
There have been similar problems with the nose strut on the ES's. I don't know if the Legacy strut is the same design or similar. You didn't say if you were getting any nose wheel shimmy.

 On the ES the shimmy damping is internal and leakage or loss of pressure is a precursor to a major shimmy event. There has been broken motor mounts and at least one case of the drag link breaking, resulting in the nose gear folding under doing rollout. We all now watch this closely and do regular greased plate tests to check the damping in the strut.

I would recommend checking with Tim O. He is very familiar with the ES strut and could tell you if an overhual is indicated.

Paul Bricker
N63PB