From: <ASW20747@aol.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Legacy Gear Strut Leak?
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 13:43:57 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

I have a Legacy that has been flying about 2 years and just under 300 hours.  I have noticed a continuous bit of fluid/grease coming from the Allen Head cap screws on the main strut and to a lesser extent on the nose gear strut.

This is not a LOT of fluid, but after any flight there is some seepage that I continually wipe off.  I have tried tightening these screws but it doesn't seem to do much good.

Is this anything to be concerned about?

What are these Cap Screws and the vertically aligned Pan Head Allen screws for anyway?

Thanks!

Erik

N74FX

Great Deals on Dell Laptops. Starting at $499.