From: Lorn H Olsen <lorn@dynacomm.us>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: springs on rudder pedals (& Teflon dust lubing)
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 13:43:57 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Charles,

I would really like to have the write-up and pictures of the "FruFru Duster"

Thanks,
Lorn

From: Charles R Patton <charles.r.patton@ieee.org>
Date: February 4, 2009 7:03:52 PM GMT-05:00

Hi Bob,
Basically the "FruFru Duster" was passed on to a builder who died.  Subsequently another Lancair builder did check out his shop, but couldn't find the teflon injector.  So at that point it was a lost cause.  By that point 16 parties had used it to lube their rudder cable/Nylaflow combinations.  So far as I know, everybody was happy with the results.  It definitely worked well for me.  I know Marv published the writeup I did in his newsletter.  I still have the write-up and pictures of the "FruFru Duster" construction.  So if anybody is interested, I can email those files.
For those unfamiliar with the "FruFru Duster".  A discussion of lubing cables with Teflon dust rather than oil took place in the Lancair mailing list.  But the method as described required "lubing" the cable with Teflon before putting it into the Nylaflow and installing the Nicopresses.    I didn't want to tear apart an already built rudder cable system on a flying plane, so I made the pressurized atomizer that could directly inject Teflon dust into a functional  cable system on  the plane.
Regards,
Charles Patton
--
Lorn H. 'Feathers' Olsen, MAA, ASMEL, ASES, Comm, Inst
DynaComm, Corp., 248-345-0500, mailto:lorn@dynacomm.us