From: Matt losangeles <mattinlosangeles@yahoo.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Which Antenna?
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 19:03:52 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
When I got my 360 it had problems with the comm antenna. I purchased a glasair strip comm antenna and installed it on a piece of floorboard trim of the same length and width. The lightest I could find. I then took the whole thing and pushed it as far up into the tail as I could get it and pushed the other end as far back and down as it would go. It is not vertical, probably 45 degrees or so. I put a piece of glass on the end of the floorboard trim, drilled a hole in it and drilled a hole in a small piece of glass I bonded to the bottom of the fusalage where the trim was near. I then took a zip tie to hold the trim piece in place. While it doesn't work perfect I have been able to get ATIS 50 miles out from my home airport.

I think Glasair sells the antenna and triax cable for $80 bucks.

Matt