From: Jack Dysart <jldysart@gozw.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: springs on rudder pedals
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 15:58:06 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Mine LNC2 pedals were very stiff. I had the most difficulty during high
speed taxi, landing and takeoff rolls, but it also diminished the "feel"
needed for smooth control in flight.  After studying the system for a while
I decided to try unhooking the spring from the tab on the crossbar
(effectively the same as eliminating the spring altogether) and found it to
be a great improvement in control.  The cables running through the fuselage
are slack and make more noise.  It is very important to see that they have a
clear run; there is nothing for them to catch on.  In a perfect world I'd
have a lighter spring, just enough to hold the pedals up and keep light
tension on the cables, but I have not found the lack of tension to be a
problem in 100 hours.

Jack Dysart