From: John Schroeder <jschroeder@perigee.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] cylinder wear-to lean or not too lean
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 15:16:12 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Gerard -

Have you attended or taken the on-line course: Advanced Pilot Seminar? It is the bible, IMHO, for running an engine lean of peak. A couple of questions: Did you ever run a GAMI Lean Check? Based on that did you install GAMIjectors if the test and the folks at GAMI advised to do so? It may be that the mixture for numbers one and three were in fact running very close to peak egt because of the mixture imbalances between the cylinders. What were your CHT's? You may want to download the data from the EDM 700 and have it analyzed.

Hope this helps you in the future.

John Schroeder
LNCE - 230 hours.