From: Jeffrey Liegner, MD <liegner@embarqmail.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: Alternative Power Plants
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 12:11:43 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Re: Alternative Power Plants
Brent Regan <brent@regandesigns.com>  wrote:
I am NOT saying that you are doing the wrong thing. If people built airplanes only to fly then they would buy rather than build. Builders build for the joy of creation. If building a new engine installation  is what you want then go for it. I wish you all the best and hope you have realistic expectations. If you are typical, when you are done the result will both please and disappoint. The empirical evidence is clear. Hangers across the globe are replete with failed and abandoned projects where hope and enthusiasm tipped the scale until that buzz kill reality stepped in and spoiled the party. This does not mean you shouldn't try. Every great new accomplishment  is built on a foundation of can't. Perhaps you are the one. Good luck.

After engineering and problem solving, I finally decided to fly, and removed my V8 engine installation, and went to the standard TSIO550.  I'm glad I did.  The V8 engine effort kept me from flying for three additional years.

My hanger is one of those hangers mentioned in Brent Regan's closing.

Jeff L
LIVP