From: Christian Meier <lancair@meier.cc>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: [LML] Down Flap Relay Failure (Update)
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 07:39:24 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Tom,
from the pictures it seems you have the small tail!
you can use 11% mac instead of 15%
I use following CG with my IO-390 and big tail:

My FS 0 is back of spinner,   Firewall Back is FS 100,50 cm,   CG=158,08 cm
- 177,03 cm
Empty weight 540kg = 1190lbs

(FS 22,8in. und FS 30,3in. (FS 0 = Firewall Rear) with 11%  (original 15%)

Your trim tab seems to small. Maybe the spring load trim would be a better
solution for you?

Christian
L-390
OE-VCM

===========================
LANCAIR 320/360 CG LIMITS
Recently both Orin, with his MK-II tail and Doug, with his standard tail
configured 320 performed some flight tests with adjusted fwd CG's.
Basically, they flew with a slightly forward CG to define how much farther
forward acceptable flight and most importantly, flair to a landing could be
maintained. the standard, smaller tailed 320's played out a little sooner
but a fwd limit of 11% worked quite nicely. both reported good authority at
the flair and enhanced stability as they moved the CG forward. This 11% of
MAC should be considered since it offers greater overall CG travel before
getting too far aft-which is ofcourse, something to be avoided.