From: <JIMRHER@aol.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: IV-P Cabin Air System Dukes Valve
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 01:24:47 -0500
To: <lml>

Jim, Why not just tap some vacuum from the engine intake?

Richard Cano IV-P 95%

Hi Richard,
In our IV-P engine we have turbochargers that make pressure. That is what pressurizes the cabin and engine intake, and therefore the engine intake does not have a useable vacuum. For that matter most non turbo engines cruise at wide open throttle and that means the vacuum is so low as to not be usable. Therefore the retched old vacuum pump. The Dukes valve is the same valve they have been using for years, before all electric systems. Maybe someone could tell me where they get vacuum from a jet engine? I understand they use this same valve.

Jim Hergert
N6XE, "An Sex Y" L4P