From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Hydraulic line flaring
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 18:58:58 -0500
To: <lml>
Posted for "George/Shirley Shattuck" <kloop@plantationcable.net>:

Don Barnes,

Get a copy of FAA AC65-9A, "Airframe and Powerplants" Mechanics General
Handbook.  In Chapter 5, on page 111 (in my copy) there is a detailed
description of how to flare tubing, with drawings.  I did not have this
manual when I made my tubing, just a few hand-me-down bits of advice.  I
made a couple of my flares too small and on two occasions a tube pulled out
of the AN fitting, causing loss of pressure and the wheels coming down to
stay.

George Shattuck
N320GS

Does anyone have some close up images of what an ideal flared end should
look like?