From: <AVIDWIZ@aol.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: LIV-PT Fuel Tank & Dukes Pressure Controller
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 10:49:31 -0500
To: <lml>
Gentlemen:

Three followups:

1) AUX FUEL CAPACITY
As I understood it, the belly tank was the last point in the fuel chain and hence, it was fed by the wings.    I was also told that another buillder had developed a 38 gal tank for the baggage area reducing the need for any substantial amounts of fuel under the belly.

2) TURBINE ENGINE CHOICE:
I was also told that a couple of builders were planning on the Garrett Turbine which uses 40% less fuel but costs double the Walters.

3) REAL WORLD TURBINE IVP EXPERIENCES
The fcatory says that there are 13 IVPT aircraft currently flying.  Hopefully a few of these owners will respond to the list and share their experiences.

4) DUKES PRESSURE CONTROLLER:
I also have an all electric panel and hence no vacum system.   It seems that the theroy of venting the cabin via deflation of the door seal is a viable option.   I had the door seal fail at 16,500 and can assure you the cabin vents its pressurization plenty quickly!

Dave Riggs