From: Joseph Trepicone <jtrepico@columbus.rr.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Flight Test /Demo Ride Lancair IV-P Turbine
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 12:17:58 -0500
To: <lml>
Hi group:

a previous post stated....

1) Fuel Capacity in the wings is 57 per side (114 total) and a belly tank is available for an additional 28 for a total of 142 gal.   The belly tank conforms well to the design of the plane and is hard to notice unless you have a non-turbine to compare it with so drag may well be minimal.  I am told a belly tank of 40 gal is in the works.

I have a couple questions regarding the above referenced post.  Hopefully someone may have some additional info on the subject

1.  I thought the Lancair factory belly tank was 10 gal and not 28.  Is this 28 gal tank something new?
2.  Will the 40 gal belly tank be a header/sump tank (whatever the correct term may be) like the current belly tank?  This tank is fed by both wings and it is this belly tank that feeds the engine, not the wing tanks.  I was told this type of design was required on certified turbine aircraft.  This would mean the last 40 gallons onboard would be on the bottom of the fuselage.

best regards,

Joe Trepicone IVPT