From: Brent Regan <Brent@regandesigns.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: cowling damage from heat IV-P
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 12:48:57 -0500
To: <lml>
I used a product called ZetexPlus 600 A   (A = Aluminum Foil laminated ) manufactured by Newtex Industries 716 924 9135 www.newtex.com.  This is remarkable stuff. After shutdown the areas protected by the Zetex closest to the turbos are cool to the touch while the areas not protected but away from the turbos are 120+ degrees. I also lined the nose wheel well with this stuff to give additional fire protection.  It is thin and light and installs easily with 3M 777 spray adhesive. Seal the perimeter from oil with RTV silicone. I have repaired damage to the aluminum outer layer by gluing down a patch heavy duty kitchen aluminum foil with high temperature RTV silicone.

Spec sheet http://www.newtex.com/pdf/600AlumFoil10-99.PDF

Picture shows the inside of N170BR lower cowl at ~750 hours TT. The square boxes are air cleaners for my Lycoming installation.

Compliments of the season.

Brent Regan
Image
N170BR Lower Cowl LR.JPG