From: Robert Smiley <rsmiley@centurytel.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Body Work
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 22:32:55 -0500
To: <lml>
Dan,

Thanks for the ideas.  The spider cracks were on the non core top cowling. I
did leave the old cracked structure in the system.  That was my mistake.
Looks like from your instructions that you back up the affected area with
preferably two ply diagonally oriented carbon fiber, grind out the old
structure to eliminate the cracked areas and build up the affected area with
multiple plys of carbon fiber, multiple orientations then finish out with
hard epoxies.

Thanks Dan.  I may do that in the future when it comes time to retouching up
the plane.

I found out the other day on a bid to repave a mobile home park that they do
the same thing. ie remove old cracked pavement and redo it because the older
cracked pavement just cracks overlayment over time even though they apply a
carbon fiber material in between layers.

Bob Smiley