From: <Newlan2dl@aol.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: cowling damage from heat IV-P
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 21:27:54 -0500
To: <lml>
Hi Andres

I did some work last year with Lancair when they were concerned with their
turbine engine overheating some close fit's around the cowling but I didn't
do anything with the IV's.  What I got for them was some adhesive backed
thermal tabs that use specific melt temperature waxes.  You can get them at
scientific supply houses but basically, when the melt temp. for the wax is
reached, the tab turns black.  I don't have them here but I'll look at what I
have back at the office and get back to you on the brand name.

Dan Newland