From: Paul Nafziger <naf@britevalley.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Engine Cooling thought
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 11:38:10 -0500
To: <lml>
I once owned a couple of Super Cubs that we used to tow gliders.  They spent most of their life at either high power or idle.  Those were the most solid engines I ever owned.  They always made TBO.  My personal experience says that shock cooling is vastly over-rated.

Naf

 << Now, back to the subject line:  I am reminded of the recent post on engine cooling on the LML stating something like “engines with lots of high power climbs and rapid power off descents have higher average TBO’s than the average general aviation aircraft in use by owners” (or words to that effect).  The aircraft/s used in this world record setting event certainly had significant rapid heating and cooling cycles. >>