From: <VTAILJEFF@aol.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Antenna's
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:27:22 -0500
To: <lml>
The AAE (Advanced Aircraft Electronics 1-800-758-8632)) antennas are great.
They are made here in St. Louis by Bill Butters, a retired Boeing engineer.
The long antennas are comm and nav antennas depending on their orientation
(comm vertical and nav horizontal) the small antenna is the transponder
antenna BUT if you mount any txpdr antenna more than a few feet from the
radio tray you better get a special coax because the signal loss is too big--
RG 58 won't do.

The owner came to my shop and we moved his antennas around looking for the
best location on the IVP for them. The vertical tail seemed to be the best
for all except nav and I am going to get them to make a special nav antenna I
can mount on my windscreen.

Reception in my shop with the VOR 16 miles away was great. Spirit tower did a
comm 1 and 2 check and we were on the ground, inside a building a mile away.
We will see next week how they do in the air. BTW-- you don't need a ground
plane with these antennas.

Jeff Edwards
N619SJ LIVP