From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Legacy cowling--inside finish
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:12:18 -0500
To: <lml>
Posted for Bob Pastusek <rpastusek@htii.com>:

I'm considering painting the inside of the cowling with the Jeffco tank
sealant epoxy paint.

Wendell,

I'd also be interested in the answer to this-re heat and other
considerations. I can advise from experience in the gear well area of our
IV-P that the sealant needs to be removed to get a good bond. The sealant
has little internal strength. This suggests that you might want to wait to
do this until you've installed anything that's bonded to the cowls. Just a
thought.

Bob Pastusek

[ the inside of my cowl has tank sealent on it. -Rob@Logan.com ]