From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: flight instruction in new Lancairs
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:24:26 -0500
To: <lml>
Posted for Harry League <harryleague@attbi.com>:

Jack et al,

Could it not be interpreted that the training is not "Flight
instruction" but rather IVP familiarization?   Afterall, we all have
pilot certificates and already know how to fly.   As for the second
person on board, how can you not have a safety pilot looking out for
traffic while you are doing the recording, adjusting, tinkering, etc.?
Seems to me that it is mission essential and therefore, "that person is
essential to the purpose of the flight."

Harry League
IVTP soon