From: Pat Weston <peweston@yahoo.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] XPDR Antenna Problem
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:27:29 -0500
To: <lml>
I bought the el cheapo monopole antenna, basically a
BNC receptacle on a piece of wire with a ball bearing
on the end, you've seen them on spam cans. I attached
it to a piece of 1/8" aluminum of about 18" diameter
and mounted it below the pilot side rear pax seat. The
monopole extends into the breeze, I built a
streamlined cover to make it look cool. Have a look at
http://www.vhs2dvdfast.com/lancair/StillChapterEight.htm
for a picture.

Never had a problem with ATC. I have a UPS slim line
transponder. (Really difficult to set a code in
turbulence)

Pat

N747PW Lancair Super Duper ES, about 100 hrs.

=====
Pat
N747PW Lancair Super Duper ES, Flying!