From: cbaker9 <cbaker9@nyc.rr.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Re: L-IV Fuel Probes
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:35:54 -0500
To: <lml>

    Can you give a reference for the Grand Rapids sending unit. Their
website (hometown.aol.com/enginfosys) shows only engine gages and
associated sensors -- nothing for fuel probes.<<

Charlie,
Call Grand Rapids.
They sell probes made by Todd at Princeton Electronics.  Greg at GRT
works closely with Todd.  I have had nothing but great service from
both.  If you have the big SAE5 pattern, these probes are a good
alternative to the Skysport.  They use a different calibration method
(no potentiometers to go out of adjustments).  Todd also does different
configurations including a 5 set points (to provide linear readings in
odd shaped tanks).  He also designed a header tank probe with a
customized EPROM (hi/lo outputs set at 100% and 80% )to drive my Pillar
Point automatic fuel transfer system.  Todd also uses a different method
to attach the tube to the flange.  I have had the SS probes break at the
attach point (ie, a large hole drilled for a pop rivet).
Regards,
Clark Baker
N250JF
LNC2 360, 550hrs tt