From: Robert Smiley <rsmiley@centurytel.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Body Work
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 07:54:10 -0500
To: <lml>
There is a small amount of shrinkage in most fillers, so I have been told.
I did find a small amount of shrinkage in epoxy primers prior to color coat
and clear coat.  I primered my plane and flew it for a year before final
finish.  Sanding and then primer prior to color allowed for new primer to
shrink and thus you can ever so slightly see the weave in proper reflected
light,  ( you must look real hard for it in reflectance) even though the
finish is glass smooth with the clear.

Regards to Evercoat shrinking, I could not find any evidence of such but I
applied thin coats no thicker than 1/16th inch.  You can also use Evercoat
or similar with a gillete razor blade for pinholes and that works fine.
There are other fillers that work as well or better.

Bob Smiley