From: <edechazal@comcast.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: Better brakes fo ES
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 22:43:24 -0500
To: <lml>
Dan, the procedure I seem to recall, for seating the Cleveland pads was to
taxi the airplane for 1,500 feet at a speed of 15 mph at 1500 rpm.  To do this
you have to ride the brakes pretty hard and I recall that it took a lot of
pressure by the end of that run, presumably because of severe fade.  But, sure
enough, let them cool and 15 minutes later they hold very nicely.  The
instructions were on the package.  In fairness to my original Matco pads, I
did nothing for seating during the testing and initial flight stage.

Ed de Chazal