From: Chuck Lax <clax@midsouth.rr.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: stall strips
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 10:08:06 -0500
To: <lml>
Rob, thanks for the reply.  My Aero degree is 30 yrs old and that leaves a lot of ground uncovered.  I did a quick search of the internet on "stall strips" and got more info than I could use.  Apparently they are used for both applications.  One application on the Mooney generates a prestall buffet as well as taming some of its tip stalling.  Some applications used it on one wing only to bring about a symetrical stall characteristic, etc,etc.

Besides a slightly higher stall speed, any other negative aspects of these things anybody know about?  They seem easy to experiment with and can possibly help modify any nasty stalling tendencies that may show up during early flight testing.

Chuck Lax