From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: response to Jim Cameron
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 19:26:37 -0500
To: <lml>
Posted for rickschrameck <rickschrameck@lvcm.com>:

Jim and capt. D
    I am not going to defend any side only give you my real experience building a Lancair IV-PT and a Legacy.  I bought a IV-P superfast build just before the fast build door.  I had over 2500 man hours on the project which did not include the panel but did include the engine.  I think that 3500 man hours is right for a new IV-P kit.  On the Legacy I built to flying stage and many of you have seen it.  It took 1200 man hours to build it as seen at Oshkosh and Sun-n-Fun.  It is not a show plane but is solid and fast.  You can build a Legacy in that time.  I do not know what hours Lancair is quoting on the Legacy but my time is real.

Happy building,

Rick Schrameck
Legacy #123

In defense of Jim's comments about build times,The figures are
laughable and
grossly misleading to an unsuspecting kit buyer.
  Amen!  If you just happen to have a large hangar, lots of tools, unlimited AN fittings, 20 years experience as an A&P, 3 friends to help, and lots of cash, you still can't meet lance's numbers!
   I just thought I'd alienate some people too.   :-)   Probably just the Lancair sales dept. ha  Don't get mad at me, I send the money.