From: Rob Logan <Rob.Logan@Philips.com>
Sender: <rob>
Subject: Re: .... Wing Airfoil [stall strips ; LE tape]
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:08:45 -0500
To: <lml@lancair.net>
> bug buildup on [Martin Hollmann's blended 64212 airfoil ;
> 30% laminar flow on top and 70% laminar flow] resulted in
> an increased stall speed of about 15 knots.

I'm confused, if vortex generators make a turbulent layer
that stays attached to the wing longer, there by *lowering*
ones stall speed, how is the above true?

I do know the slightest frost on the leading edge of a LNC4
results in 7kts loss of cruse speed and very thin electric
ice boots [or LE tape] eats 5kts on the same plane. Having
never flown without at least one of the above, I had always
assumed my stalls were lower than a clean wing.

I'm confused..

--
Utopian Maturity: Eternity, Liberty, Equality and now Fraternity & Altruism.