From: Dan Schaefer <dfs155@earthlink.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: Navaid Autopilot (afterthought)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 14:20:02 -0500
To: <lml>
the servo actuator to the aileron push-rod is incorrect as that is exactly
how I installed mine.

The servo output push-rod is connected directly to the intermediate lever in
the stub wing where the inboard and outboard push rods are connected. (at
the push-rod disconnect for wing removal). The servo is mounted beneath the
passenger seat, just behind the stick mechanism with the output shaft facing
forward. I had a shaft extension facricated that fits onto the servo shaft
and is pinned with a roll pin. The extension (about 4 - 5 inches long) is
supported at the forward end by a bearing and pin that is mounted on the aft
face of the spar shear web. An output lever, the same size as the servo
putput lever (which is not used), is welded to the extension at the point,
an inch or so aft of the support bearing, to allow the actuator push-rod to
run directly below and parallel to the main aileron push-rod, thru the
close-out rib, to the intermediate lever.

With this set-up, there is no pitch input from the autopilot that I can
discern.

Regards,

Dan Schaefer